With 2 days to go before Asteroid 2012 DA14 is due to make a pass, I thought I would post some information about it.
It’s important to know that it’s encounter will be brief and won’t be visible to the naked eye. However, observatories are streaming their feeds live on the internet. Use a search engine to find out which ones.
It’s approach is from the underside of the earth. Some have called it “potentially hazardous”, though I personally disagree. The reason the asteroid is creating a buzz is because when it passes us, it will come between us and the orbit of some satellites. Companies and Corporations with satellites in orbit have been advised to move satellites out of the area at that time.
The asteroid is travelling about 6-8 times the speed of sound and thought to be as large as a 15 story building, with an estimated mass of 130,000-190,000 metric tons. DA14 will be at its closest point at approximately 1924 GMT which is about 1124 PST, at a distance of a mere 17,200 miles (or 27,700 km) That sounds far away but in astronomical terms, especially where asteroids and earth is concerned, this is on the scale of an atoms breadth. (An interesting fact is that it will be about one tenth the distance away from us than that of the moon). It will pass at that point over the Eastern part of the Indian Ocean approximately -6° south latitude and 97.5° East Longitude. If you’re a keen amature astronomer, that will be important to you.
It is thought that an asteroid of this size passes earth once every 40 years and strikes earth once every 1,200 years. While there is little chance that asteroid hits us it would be interesting to know what damage it would cause if it did.
According to a paragraph on Wikipedia, DA14 would enter the atmosphere at just over 7mi/s (12.7km/s) with the kinetic energy of 3.6 megatons of TNT – slightly less than the Tunguska incident (which I personally think wasn’t an asteroid but an alien craft. I’ll perhaps write-up why sometime). The air burst it would create would be around the force of 2.9 megatons of TNT. Such forces would seriously destroy towns and cities should an asteroid of this calibre impact the earth.
Asteroid 2012 DA14 was discovered almost a year ago on the 23rd of February 2012 by astronomers at the Las Campanas Observatory in the Atacama Desert, Chile, which is owned and operated by the Carnegie Institution for Science.
DA14’s approach this week will reduce its orbit around the sun from 368 days to 317. Which means if calculations of its orbit is correct it will have its next close encounter on 15 February 2046 – exactly 34 years from now. It will be a close encounter, but a bit further away than its approach in 2 days time.
I guess I’ve covered most if not all of the interesting facts about Asteroid 2012 DA14. So… I will go whip up some lunch and end it here.
In light of the recent increase in solar activity and an update to my last blog entry, I have uploaded the podcast that was recorded on Friday the 8th of February. It is now available on Podomatic and will soon be available on iTunes.
Check out our latest podcast episode by clicking here.
From recording the Podcast, America’s Eastern states have been blanketed in snow. New England has been battered by hurricane force winds. Several Earthquakes around the world and the Solomon Islands are still being rocked by strong aftershocks, almost as strong as the 8.0 quake itself.
Animals deaths have been reported around the world, especially on the West coast of the Republic of Ireland, where dolphins were washed up dead on the shores of Kerry and Mayo. This is touched upon in the podcast.
We have also touched on Comet ISON and its approach and Asteroid 2012 DA14 that is to shave past earth on the 15th of February.
Please listen to the podcast and rate it both on iTunes and Podomatic.
A few days ago I was alerted to the possibility of a large solar storm striking the earth within days.
This is the video that explains what is currently going on. Watch further videos to see how current unusual weather and quakes are linked to the activity on the Sun.
It’s now cause for concern as the mainstream media are now reporting on this solar storm, claiming that we will only have 30 minutes warning before it hits. They aren’t saying this is a doomsday event, but warning that this one has potential to knock out power grids across the nation. Though they are careful to say that it could happen in the near future. If that’s not enough, the UK Government has been called upon to “prepare” for such an event.
Should we panic now? No. Not yet. But it is important to note that people such as Alex Jones, VonHelton and other truthers have been warning about this for years now. More specifically, in the year 2013. The solar cycle that we are going through now is to peak this year. Some predicting an extinction level event known as the ‘Kill Shot”. Sound farfetched? Yea, it does. But far-fetched or not, this is widely agreed by the scientific community to have happened on several occasions before in the past.
The Maya Calendar also tracks the solar cycle, which back up their myths and legends about this event, along with many indigenous tribes across the earth. One of the calendars (I think) predicts massive solar activity between 2013-2016. Don’t hold me to that, I would have to dig back into some old books to reread.
There isn’t much I can say on this right now as I am posting this as a brief message out there. However, I will try to bring to you a podcast regarding this, replacing “Origins of Mankind: an Alternative human history” as Episode 3, in the next 48 hours.
The storm is expected to hit by late Friday night or early Saturday morning. If I get any more information, I will update this entry.
However, let me stress, there is no cause for concern. Back in the 1800’s we had a super solar storm which brought a mini ice age and the Northern and Southern lights could be seen globally. So prepare, perhaps, to see the greatest show on earth, which some say happens once every 200 years.
I was reading Ray Alex Web’s blog this afternoon and I can across a fascinating article he posted. Please, if you have time, check out the link to his amazing post below.
It’s a widely known fact that many governments (particularly in the West) officially deny any knowledge of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. And flat-out deny that we have been visited by extraterrestrials in recent times. It is also known that governments have been exposed lying about their official stance on UFOs and incidents that have happened before. These range from the US government constantly changing their explanations for things and leaked documents (especially in the UK) that confirm that the government has a keen interest in UFOlogy and the extraterrestrial phenomenon. An interest to the degree where they have specialist units to go out and silence witnesses from exposing the truth and revealing details about what they had seen. And a quote from Margaret Thatcher on UFOs. “…you can’t tell the people.”
But a recent discovery of mine is that the Russian government (even the old Soviet government) were a bit more open about it to their people. There are news reports circling today that the Russian government is warning America’s dictator and illegal President, Barack Hussein Obama (previously known as Barry Soetoro) that if his Administration don’t reveal to the people their knowledge of UFO’s and confirm extraterrestrials exist soon, then the Russians will.
This is of no surprise to me, and in fact the Russians have a bit of history making public UFO and extraterrestrial incidents that have happened in Russia. One such incident is the Voronezh case, where a UFO landed in broad daylight in the middle of a busy park. Stranger still, the UFO opened a ‘hatch’ and 2 creatures appeared. One had 3 eyes and was humanoid and the other was supposed to be robotic. You’re probably saying, “Yea, right.” or, “Someone was smoking pot when they thought of this”. Wrong. For this incident was witnessed by several people.
The Soviet’s press agency, Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS), released these documents in their papers. The incident was then known to most people in the Soviet Union as a result. In the meantime the West were ignorant to the incident until a few years later (I think) when it was published in the media in the US and UK – only to be ridiculed by the press.
Some of you may be thinking that this is nonsense and that the Soviet Government at the time was a strong dictatorship and would not release such information to the people. Wrong again. TASS released information on this UFO incident and other UFO papers and documents because it was free to do so under President Gorbachev’s “glasnost“, which was his new policy of transparency and openness regarding the activities of government institutions, and a desire to provide freedom of information (some freedom of it anyways).
And in the report it states that this strange craft that glowed pink landed in the open in view of many witnesses. Aliens were seen and used technology far beyond our understanding and knowledge – even upon a human in full sight of the people. The incident left kids and adults terrified. The incident was investigated and researchers questioned everyone that had seen this happen. There were no contradictions at all between the accounts given to them by the different witnesses.
Below is a reproduction of the TASS report which was published in a newspaper on the 10th of October 1989.
Recent reports about the landing of aliens in the Russian city of Voronezh were confirmed in today’s issue of Sovetskaya Kultura.
The aliens landed on a war autumn evening on September 27, the paper said. Two boys and a girl from a local school, Vasya Surin, Zhenya Blinov and Yula Sholokhova, were in the city park. The place was crowded, with several dozen people waiting at a nearby bus stop. The boys were playing football.
At half past six, they saw a pink light shining in the sky and then spotted a ball of a deep-red colour about 10 meters in diameter. The ball circled the park for sometime above the earth and disappeared. It reappeared a few moments later and hovered above the park.
A crowd of onlookers rushed to the site, the paper said. They could clearly see a hatch opening in the lower part of the ball and a humanoid in the opening. The alien was about 3 meters high, had three eyes, was clad in silvery overalls and “boots” the colour of bronze and had a disk on its chest. The humanoid looked the place over. The hatch closed and the ball began to descend. “The object” then landed, according to the paper. The hatch opened again and two creatures came out, one apparently a robot.
The first one said something and a shining triangle, 30 by 50 centimeters in size, appeared on the ground and soon disappeared. The alien touched the robot’s body, and it started moving in a mechanical way.
One of the boys started screaming in fear. The alien looked at him and the boy fell silent, unable to move. The alien’s eyes were shining. The onlookers screamed. After a little while the ball and the creatures disappeared.
In about five minutes, the ball and the three-eyed humanoid could be seen again. The alien had what looked like a gun by his side – a tube about 50 centimeters long. He directed the thing at the 16-year-old boy and the latter disappeared. The alien went inside the ball, which immediately took off. At the same time the boy reappeared.
“It is hard to believe what happened,” the paper’s Voronezh correspondent, E. Yefremoc, writes. “It is harder yet to explain, but there is no doubt that something really happened.”
The UFO landing was witnessed by several people. Residents of Putilin Street in Voronezh said they repeatedly saw a UFO from September 23 to 29.
Militia officers and reporters interviewed the children and those who saw the anomaly. There are no contradictions in the descriptions of the ball or the aliens’ actions. All the children who saw the alien craft are still afraid. The local section that studies anomalies is investigating the incident, the paper said. The section includes scientists, physicists and biologists.
TASS-Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union.
Wow. Just wow. Government granted release of reports of what happened. Even allowing them to report the strange, almost paranormal, abilities of the visitors. Invisibility, making objects appear, causing a boy to freeze and fall silent and make him disappear by pointing a strange tube-like object at him.
If the Soviets (Now Russians) weren’t and aren’t afraid to release this information, why can’t the UK and US do it? What are they hiding? Even Belgium released documents on a military UFO encounter which the US and UK never acknowledged. Why?
On a different note, how do the aliens just vanish like that? Many (But not all) ET encounters I have heard or read about seem to have a few things in common. One of which being the silvery suits they wear. Are these metallic looking suits actually superior technology to cloak them in the visible light spectrum? Could the “Bronze” coloured boots be harnessing energy from the earth and their clothes from the air? A bit like Tesla’s work? What was the disk on his chest? How did the boy disappear? I wouldn’t say magic. Magic in my opinion is the name given to sciences and abilities that currently isn’t understood by us and our sciences. I don’t class it as “paranormal” per se. It’s normal if it works and exists in the universe. Just because we perceive things as normal and paranormal doesn’t mean that’s the case and shouldn’t be. We just simply don’t have an understanding of how to use the tools provided to us by the universe.
This encounter is food for thought though. And hopefully soon, someday, our governments will stop lying to us about what they know. Already, the Vatican has pretty much confirmed that ET’s exist. The Russians have done it. Now it’s our turn.
Video gaming is a great way to fight boredom. But As I became more spiritual video game use, for me, has reduced greatly. I’ve also found out that some games are designed to control how we think and to implant ideas in our head.
But I was thinking this morning about random video games and how nostalgic they were. So, here the Ascensionist’s top 10 nostalgia video games in no particular order with the platform I played them on.
1. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (Playstation) This game was extremely popular in the 90’s and remains one of the worlds most sought after games. Oddworld Inhabitants have made it clear recently that they are re-releasing some of its games and a new one with improved graphics. Everyone knows Abe and the story of his “Oddysee”. And it really is a timeless classic that even the generation of today could play and enjoy.
2. Syphon Filter (Playstation) Gosh I was a deeply disturbing kid when I got a laugh at frying terrorists with the taser. Players controlled the character Gabriel Logan, a member of The Agency in this stealth based 3rd person shooter. Never really completed this game and I don’t remember much about. I just remember frying terrorists with the taser.
3. Pilot Wings (Super Nintendo) From an early age I’ve loved flying and the thought of being able to soar though the skies. Pilot wings really ignited my imagination. In it you had to earn licenses to progress to the next level by completing lessons in flight and sky diving and accumulating enough points to do so. Each level you went up the more things you got to do and harder it got. Things like rocket pack and helicopters. It really was an enjoyable game!
4. Star Wars Episode 1 official game (Playstation) This didn’t really stick true to the film and it didn’t resonate with the critics. But I really enjoyed this game. It allowed you to live some of the movie, though doing things that weren’t done in the movie. Qui-Gon Jinn didn’t fight some monster in a pit for Jabba’s entertainment and didn’t have to go through all the trouble you did in the movie to find the T-14 hyper-drive generator. What I did enjoy about it was the fact you could choose your interaction with characters within the game. Loved it!
5. Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (Playstation 2) One of my favourite combat games. Set in the Star Wars universe, you chose your faction Rebels or Empire, or Republic or Trade Federation. The Graphics were pretty damn good for the platform. The aim of the game was to take over or liberate the galaxy (depending on your faction) by winning battles and campaigns on planets within the Star Wars universe. Naboo, Coruscant, Endor, Hoth, etc. You could control an array of vehicles too, even the AT-AT Imperial Walker. Doesn’t get sweeter than that. In fact it does, you could control a hero too! (Always played Sideous when I could)
6. Worms (Playstation) War is not fun, humourous and funny. But According to the game ‘Worms’ it is. Worms takes a light-hearted approach to warfare which turns it into a comedy. The worms on the ground with squeaky voices, over-dramatic deaths and funny quips before they die really do distract you from the reality of war. However, this game really did test your commonsense, logic and strategic thinking. Elements such as gravity and wind direction and speed had to be taken into account before you used your weapon. Bounce and trajectory and timing was also key. Anyone could waste countless hours in one session with this game.
7. Splinter Cell (Playstation 2) Splinter Cell is one of my all time favourites. The stealth based 3rd person game really did test your reasoning and problem solving abilities. You played the character of Sam Fisher, an agent of the ‘Black-Ops’ faction within the NSA, and worked your way though seemingly impossible situations and locations. More often than enough, you weren’t allowed to kill your enemies. And on very few occasions, you had to avoid any contact at all, which really made it more difficult. This game never fails to raise my heart levels. I know I must have lost weight playing this game lol.
8. Assassins Creed (Playstation 3) This game plays with your imagination and inspires you to look upon history with different eyes. In different eras in different games, you play different characters. Most well-known is probably Ezio as he spanned 3 games (3 years too). The game has inspired people to question the true nature of reality and the importance of what really happened in history. As this is a newish game, I wont divulge too much if you aren’t familiar with it. I do recommend you get them. The story line is based on the beliefs and faith of various religious and spiritual groups around the world – and conspiracy theorists.
9. SOCOM: Confrontation (Playstation 3) This game didn’t have a storyline. It was purely online play. Choose to play as Mercenary or Commando and kit out as you want to make your character unique. This games tests strategy and teamwork abilities. The 3rd person shooter games has a variety of online maps which you can join a team to fight the opposing faction. The terrain is realistic, as are the equipment and characters.
10. The Sims (Playstation 2/3) Everyone who has played the sims has loved it. Create many characters or a virtual you to live and struggle through life in this cyber-universe. You can choose if to destroy your sims life or to fulfil his/her dreams. Live in a shack and work your way up to a mansion. People class it as a God game as you can control every action your sim takes and every aspect of its life – friends, career, etc. But I would class it as an educational game. It teaches us that we need an avatar for a higher intelligence or consciousness to be able to interact in a lower/cyber reality. Much like our bodies on earth and the source of our consciousness 😉